More Sheep...more details


I am trying to figure a way to explain how I get from one critter to a whole quilt.  How do the blocks fit together without any pre-planning?  I make appliques for the critters and felt them with a Clover Felting tool, CL8901, which is similar in shape to a pen, with three needles.  I also use a single needle to do detail work.  Next I fill in the ground that the critters are walking on, with felting and then embroidered the flowers and trees.  Some of the flowers and leaves are becoming more 3-D.  I felted leaves in tiny heart shapes and flowers in little circles with bead centers. I have no idea where I am going with this, but I need a smaller piece than my two previous quilts, either to enter into shows, or to hang in our booth while the larger quilts are exhibited at shows.  Of course, I can't do the same thing twice, so this quilt I am working on is going to be pushing the envelope even further.

Comments

  1. Wow - how beautiful!! You are one talented girl!!
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your felted wool sheep and your embroidery is very lovely too. I love working with wool too and you inspire me. I am starting my first wool quilt and the theme will be my Home as the center along with my flower gardens. Nice to meet you. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Quilt 1